California's Proposition 65
We are providing the following warning for possible products that pertain to Proposition 65.
California requires the following notice on beauty and skin care products that expose consumers to such chemicals above certain threshold levels.
WARNING: This product contains progesterone, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Consult with your physician before using this product.
American Cancer Society tips on how to get more information on a product.
If you find a warning label on a product and want more information, you will need to:
- Find the name of the manufacturer by checking the package and any written information that comes with the product. The contact information is often on or in the package as well, but if it isn’t, you can look it up online by searching the manufacturer’s name.
- Call, email, or write to the manufacturer about that specific product to find out what potentially hazardous substance is in the product. You might also want to ask what part of the product it’s in.
- Ask the manufacturer how a person might be exposed to it in this product. Some common exposure routes include inhalation, contact with food, transfer to food or drink from unwashed hands, or a baby or child putting the product in his or her mouth. Different routes are important for different substances.
- Find out what the manufacturer knows about the hazards of the substance that is in the product. Is it a possible cause of cancer, might it cause reproductive harm, or both?
- Ask the manufacturer what you can do to reduce any risk of exposure to the hazardous substance while using the product.