We were taking our first vacation to Mexico, and I thought I was ready with everything we would need.
I packed the normal vacation clothing, travel size toiletries etc. What I didn’t think about was packing enough for our health and safety.
- This was an I can’t believe I forgot item. We ended up paying $36.00 in the gift shop for a 6 oz. bottle.
- I did bring aloe but should’ve also brought reusable cold gel packs and Cortizone. The sun in Mexico can be brutal on the skin.
Over the Counter Medicines
- The flight, the amazing food... stomach issues happen. Need to remember to pack Imodium, Pepto Bismol and a mild laxative such as Dulcolax.
- Motion sickness - Dramamine would have been good for the crazy fun jet boat ride excursion.
- Advil Decongestant and Sheffield’s Saline Moisturizing Spray for the heat to air-conditioned room nose stuffiness.
I did remember to pack Advil and Tylenol for the morning after a few Mojitos.
First Aid Kit
I do carry a travel size first aid kit. During this trip, I realized I need to add a few more items.
- Insect Bite Treatment – Benadryl Anti-Itch Stick. Mosquitos love the tropics.
- Eye Drops - Visine Red Eye Hydrating Comfort, 0.28 fl. oz. is the perfect size for my kit. Chlorine can cause a lot of redness.
- Wound Cleanser – Minor mishap with some scraped skin. Water-Jel Antiseptic Spray, 2 oz. would’ve been much better than soap and water.
I’m sure more items will be added to my packing list, but I think I need to take more trips to make sure I get it right.
Sundura LaTurner, Travel Stuff 4U
The CDC has a list for traveler’s health with some great tips on what to pack.